Vendetta Crabs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Nintendo Wii clan.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carni
Carni

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-01-17

100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have. Empty
PostSubject: 100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.   100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:35 am

100 Gaming Experiences yet to be had by Carnage

If I ever plan on becoming a noteworthy videogame critic, I must broaden my videogaming horizons so to speak. Narrow-mindedness in my selection of genres cannot be permitted, so here I shall post a file of one hundred titles that I need to finish. Also I will include a brief reasoning as to why this game or that is included, perhaps you the readers will even be inspired to pick up one of these games. Be sure to include any suggestions in the comments section.

1. Bayonetta (Xbox 360)

From Hideki Kamiya, the mastermind behind the Devil May Cry series, comes one of the most refined action games of all time. Readers are likely even wondering why the previously mentioned franchise wasn’t included instead. It is because this title looks to have grander action, a more compelling protagonist (a raunchy witch), and far more style.

2. Pong (lol, any platform)

At the begging…there was Pong. Evidently the deceiving simplicity of this title still entices. I personally have never had the pleasure to play this game in any form, which many enthusiasts would consider an atrocity. I love a great competitive game and Pong appears to embody all that makes a maddening struggle fun with only a few rudimentary polygons.

3. Resident Evil 2 (PS1)

The survival horror genre would not have existed without this stellar franchise. Despite the archaic “tank controls”, Resident Evil is an excellent blend of adventure, ammo management, and fright. Resident Evil 2 is often regarded as the pinnacle of the series; I discovered the first disc in my garage a year ago and haven’t managed to complete even that. I owe it to myself to finish what I started.

4. Super Mario Bros. (NES)

How many close friends and nameless acquaintances do you know who feverishly enjoy this game but have never entirely finished it? Too much. I unfortunately am also a fraction of this majority; however I intend to correct this error. All true Nintendo fans are obligated to play this legendary title. Mario gloriously resurrected the gaming industry like a phoenix from the fire in 1985 with SMB. Additionally, it’s just really damn fun!

5. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360)

Truly I am the only person in North America who has yet to partake of this evidently incredible FPS. The fairly considerable campaign and laughably extensive multiplayer options apparently provide for one of the greatest gaming combos ever. When this 3 year old game finally dips from its still $60 price, I’ll pick it up.

6. Ico (PS2)

Team Ico is the genius group that crafted this critically acclaimed but commercially ignored gem. You might also remember them as the guys who brought us the hit “Shadow of the Colossus”. Ico is supposed to feature one of the most involving relationships in all of gaming as well as some remarkable puzzles, can’t wait to play this one.

7. Star Fox (SNES)

In my youth, I received a taste of this game, but I was more exposed to “Star Fox 64”. As of late, I more and more feel the need to return to the origin of this series. This is both the pinnacle of rail shooting and the begging of 3D visuals, surely an experience that must be had.

8. Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

Often regarded by many as the greatest game of all time, Final Fantasy VII marked the series’ first foray into 3D. I’ve played most of the first disc, so I know that Square did an excellent job of crafting fascinating characters and a unique world. I particularly owe it to a colleague of mine to beat the adventure in its entirety.

9. Tomb Raider (PS1)

Another title I spent severely limited time with in my childhood, Tomb Raider is supposedly a clever platformer/puzzler that possesses one of gaming’s more interesting (and attractive) leading roles. In recent years I’ve longed to see what the big deal was with this franchise that is so prominent it apparently deserved its own film.

10. Burnout 3: Takedown (Xbox)

Racing games just aren’t my bag, the mechanics are just too much for me, but Burnout seems different. It is my understanding that in this game putting the pedal to the metal and crashing cars is actually encouraged…me likey. This third installment has earned enormous praise from critics and gamers alike, sounds like the logical place to start.

* PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC, I PLAN TO UPDATE CONSISTENTLY!!!

Last edited by Carni on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carni
Carni

PostSubject: Re: 100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.   100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:38 am

I'D LIKE TO CLARIFY THAT THIS LIST IS IN NO PRIORITY ORDER AND WILL BE PERIODICALLY UPDATED SO THAT ONE MAY READ IT IN SECTIONS, AS APPOSED TO A WALL OF TEXT!
Back to top Go down
Carni
Carni

PostSubject: Re: 100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.   100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:20 pm

11. Perfect Dark ( N64)

I used to think “Goldeneye” was the greatest shooter on the Nintendo 64, but clearly I was incorrect. Rare had made something even better nearing the end of the system’s life. Retaining superior visuals, a surplus of weapons, an original storyline, and an identical control layout to James Bond’s delightfully amusing romp; Perfect Dark established itself as one of the greatest shooters of all time.

12. Rockband 2 (Xbox 360)

The most time I ever invested into any sort of music/rhythm game was perhaps a song or two on “Guitar Hero III.” Obviously, I am sorely behind on the times. Rockband 2 has more songs and features than pretty much any other offering in the genre, a great place to start my musical career.

13. Infamous (PS3)

I adore super hero games; “Spider-Man 2” is easily my favorite. Although, after tinkering around with this for a few minutes at my local retailer, I must admit I am fascinated. Sucker Punch developed this “system seller” which won over critics and consumers alike. First party titles are typically great, but Infamous is likely the greatest super hero game out there.

14. River City Ransom (NES)

A friend referenced me this game and following a bit of research I found myself quite impressed. This 8-bit brawler was the first (and likely the only) to introduce RPG statistics into the core gameplay. The story follows two teenagers fighting for their lives in a city conquered by a coalition of high school delinquents and ruthless thugs; there is even a damsel in distress! IGN has labeled River City Ransom “the greatest beat em’ up ever”; this guaranteed it a spot on my list.

15. Super Mario World (SNES)

I have a fierce desire to finish what I started back in the mid 1990’s. This game in particular refined and polished the gameplay to perfection. SMW also sported one of Nintendo’s catchiest soundtracks. Why I have not revisited Mario, Yoshi, and the rest of the Mushroom Kingdom in all these years still baffles my mind.

16. Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)

I have evaded sports games all my life, perhaps because I am not very athletic. However, I won’t let that stop me from playing this highly favored classic. I mean, it’s on the NES, so it can’t possibly be too complex like today’s NFL and Madden titles. Consistently appearing on “best of” lists due to its revolutionary features, I consider Tecmo to be my first step into a greater universe.

17. Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)

The incessant issues plaguing the original Mass Effect caused me to despise it most fiercely. I have been intently observing the progress being made by the sequel, and it looks undoubtedly superior. No more texture pop-ins, brainless A.I., pitiful assortment of armaments, bland visuals, uninteresting combat, tedious resource management, laughable Mako exploration, cookie-cutter side missions, unexciting dialogues, stiff animations, health pack system, repetitive opponents, or predictable event zones. If I had allowed myself to continue, this would have turned into a review. With luck I won’t be so disappointed in Mass Effect 2.

18. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (GB)

I have missed out on so many golden handheld experiences that I usually scold myself when the topic of gaming-on-the-go arises. I have never touched any of Link’s adventures on portable systems, which they would be a no brainer to add on here. From what I’ve heard, the story is different that other Zelda’s and the gameplay is modeled after “A Link To The Past.” My curiosity has been aroused.

19. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox)

Nobody does open world better than Rockstar, GTA: SA is a testament to this fact. Featuring a larger map, more weapons, a greater variety of vehicles, and more star power (Samuel L Jackson) in the voice cast; this is the definitive crime drama experience. And should I become bored with the myriad missions, I could always commit a mindless civilian massacre.

20. Super Metroid (SNES)

I was only acutely aware of the Metroid games up until a few years ago. Recently I delved into the Metroid Prime Trilogy, though I just don’t connect with it that well. The 2D installments are supposedly superior and are the source of inspiration for many of today’s excellent action/adventure titles. Samus is an influential lady of whom I’d like to experience her roots first hand.
Back to top Go down
Carni
Carni

PostSubject: Re: 100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.   100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:27 pm

21-23. The Orange Box (360)

Three exceptional titles all rolled up into “gaming’s greatest deal”. I assume the vast majority of PC enthusiasts have “Half-Life 2” listed as their favorite shooter, which isn’t surprising considering it came from developer Valve. Additionally, the package comes complete with the supreme multiplayer-centric “Half-Life 2” and genius puzzler “Portal”

24. Mike Tyson’s: Punch-Out (NES)

My eldest brother used to play this day and night; I only got to watch dangit! The hybrid of puzzle and brawler elements sounds very appealing. Little Mac and I have a date to punch in Glass Joe’s face sometime in the near future.

25. Jade Empire (Xbox)

Before even knowing what Bioware was, I regardless had a strong desire to play this game. If I have my facts straight, the narrative revolves around a young Chinese male or female (player’s decision) embarking on a harsh journey of self- discovery. IGN awarded Jade Empire a 9.9, rendering it their highest honored title of the last generation. Now that I have an Xbox 360, there is no excuse to not revisit this.

26. Silent Hill 2 (Xbox)

Fear. It is distinctive emotion that generates both feelings of trepidation and adrenaline-bursting excitement. The Silent Hill franchise is said to encompass some of the biggest scares in any media form… I could use a little haunting. I’m fortunate that the ambiguous plot of the series doesn’t prevent me from playing what is hailed as “the best in the franchise” first. Not crapping my pants in the presence of Pyramid Head will indeed be quite the challenge.

27. Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

Hideo Kojima can only be described in a single word: incredible. Every title bearing his seal of approval just oozes style and originality. Solid Snake has gone down as one of the most intriguing characters in the industry. When I learned that Konami had bundled the first three installments for the laughable price of 30$, I could hardly contain myself.

28. Duke Nukem 3D (Xbox 360)

“It’s time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I’m all out of gum!” I absolutely adore those cheesy one-liners, they produce some hefty laughter that can carry you for the duration of the game. I had the watered-down version of this for N64, but didn’t own a memory device, that meant no saving. Well now you can download it off of XBLA for a few measly dollars. 3D Realms built on what could be achieved with an FPS through this game. “Always bet on Duke!”, unless of course it pertains to Duke Nukem Forever.

29. Madworld (Wii)

I already know what you’re thinking: “A Wii game on this list, BLASPHEMY!!!” I politely ask you to calm yourself, stop fuming, and observe. Madworld is evidently one of the finest videogame experiences of our generation. Platinum Games hit a gory home-run with this impressively novel title. You play as Jack, a badass dude with a chain saw attached to his arm who must survive against all manner of lunatics in a savage gameshow world. If that doesn’t catch your interest, I have no idea what will.

30. Earthbound (SNES)

I know almost nothing about this game, except that it defies convention and is made by Nintendo. It must be good. I wish to explore the roots of Ness and Lucas, the only characters in the “Super Smash Bros.” franchise that remain unkown to me.
Back to top Go down
Carni
Carni

PostSubject: Re: 100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.   100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:25 pm

31. God of War II (PS2)

I completed the original God of War years back, although I never got around to playing this. From what I recall about the series, it is fast-paced and quite challenging. The character and story of Kratos is quite compelling. I’m certain the primary reason I didn’t immediately purchase the sequel is because I still felt the stinging difficulty of the bonus rooms from the first installment.

32. Deadrising (Xbox 360)

A commercial center filled to the brim with improvisational weapons and mindless zombies? Capcom has me sold. This is the game that lead the charge of the current zombie renaissance. You play as photo-journalist Frank West, attempting to uncover some sort horrific bio-mutation conspiracy while rescuing a bunch of trapped civilians. I rented Deadrising once before, it was loads of fun, too bad I couldn’t finish.

33. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 (Dreamcast)

I like the Tony Hawk games, they turn complex skateboarding into simplistic arcade style mini-challenges. Before the series degraded into its current state, there was this golden entry, which introduced the “create-a-skater” and customizable skatepark functions. I’ve played TH3 and TH4, but found them too overwhelming for me at points; I’m actually relying on TH2 to deliver a less sophisticated experience.

34. Rayman 2: The Great Escape (Dreamcast)

As a child, I thoroughly enjoyed the charming quality and tough platforming of the Rayman games. I’ve grown quite distant from this franchise over the past decade; I think its time to come back! I choose the Dreamcast edition because it was the highest rated and will provide yet another reason for me to re-purchase this incredible system.

35. Ninja Gaiden: Black (Xbox)

“Dude, Ninja Gaiden is the hardest game ever.” If I had a dime for every time I heard those words uttered, I would be a very rich man. Occasionally, I myself enjoy an arduous adventure to test my patience and skill. Unrelenting opponents and lightning quick gameplay is one of my favorite combinations. I certainly look forward to cutting up demons and other aggressive baddies soon.

36. Chrono Trigger (DS)

Squaresoft produced some masterpiece titles in its own time, Chrono Trigger noted among the best. Real time combat sequences, multiple endings, and “new game plus” were innovative in the 1990’s. Additionally, with character design by Akira Toriyama (Dragonball) and game development being headed by Hironobu Sakaguchi, this is a sure fire win.

37. Heavy Rain (PS3)

I have been dying for something new and exciting in this modern generation of gaming; Quantic Dream’s Heavy Rain is the answer to my desires. More an interactive film than a videogame, it explores much uncharted territory. This appears to be an exceptionally thought provoking product, which is very appealing to me. The great reviews are really what cemented this on my list.

38. Conker’s Live and Reloaded (Xbox)

Yet another awesome Rare game, this being a remake of the N64 classic. I choose this version because it has a greater availability on the market, updated visuals, and some new multiplayer components. The vulgarity of this adorable little squirrel was the soundtrack of my youth, I always used to play this at my friend’s up the street; I just never played it in sequence.

39. Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga (GBA)

Super Mario RPG is a personal favorite of mine, so it is always so striking when I realize these portable titles came and went without my knowledge. Close sources tell me that the action-packed combat is what seals the deal. Instead of starting with the most recent outing, I thought I’d start at the begging.

40. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC)

Until I played Super Smash Bros. Melee, I had absolutely no idea what Fire Emblem was, oh how ignorant I was! In 2005 I played this same game, however I was expecting an action game, imagine my surprise when I discovered a deep strategy layout. I didn’t make it very far, though now I’m older, wiser, and more patient. Time to make my triumphant return to the FE universe!
Back to top Go down
Carni
Carni

PostSubject: Re: 100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.   100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:56 pm

41. Bionic Commando: Re-Armed (Xbox 360)

During the 1980’s, a plethora of platformers were released to the masses; to have crafted any single title that stood out is an accomplishment in itself. BC:RA is a XBLA reproduction of the original Bionic Commando for the NES. I suppose the primary reason for the unprecedented popularity was the ability of the player to swing through levels using the protagonists’ futuristic appendage. I decided on this edition because of all the extra tweaks made to the gameplay, HD visuals, and achievements.

42. Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360)

KILLIN ZAMBIES! Valve loves developing excellent games, and I love them for it. L4D has inadvertently become an integral component of the ever-growing zombie renaissance. Additionally, it’s just a damn fine game! Schoolmates and such are a bit awestricken by the fact that haven partaken of some good ole slaughtering of the undead by now, but the price tag has been the brick wall between us. Luckily that is no longer an issue, time to make some brainless infected my bitches!

43. Boom Blox: Bash Party (Wii)

E.T, Saving Prviate Ryan, Shindler’s List, Jaws, Close Encounters, Minority Report, Indiana Jones, and Jurassic Park. What do all these fine films have in common with an underappreciated and undersold Wii franchise? They all came from the same source, Steven Speilberg. I could monologue about how unique this game is, but the fact that one of Hollywood’s most credited directors played such a vital role in conceptualization and production is astounding. That alone justifies BB’s position on this document.

44. Shenmue (Dreamcast)

Fifty million dollars is just lying around, how will you spend it? Well if you are Sega, you invest in creating one of the most wonderful adventure titles ever. A notable contribution to the gaming world Shenmue made was the introduction of quick time events or “QTEs”. Finding a hard copy of this illusive game is difficult, although I’m sure well worth it.

45. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

Naughty Dog proved how well it can makes games with Uncharted 2. For me, this overwhelming title came practically out left field. Nathan (Dude Raider) Drake rendered critics awestruck and left fans screaming for more. My eyes have bled from how many times I’ve observed trailers and demos of this seemingly inconceivably great experience. I myself never took much interest in this franchise, although obviously I do now.

46. Okami (Wii)

I wrote off Okami initially because it was released in 2006, just as the “next generation” was really kicking off. It began as a critical darling of a PS2 game, however two years down the line it was re-released for the Wii, with some minor improvements. Many have slated Okami to be “Capcom’s Legend of Zelda”, which may just be a justifiable approximation. The art direction, characters, and story give all the impressions of a triple A title. Capcom by far is my most favorite gaming company; I wouldn’t be surprised if Okami knocked me on my ass.

47. Fallout 3 (Xbox 360)

The depth of Bethesda’s “Elder Scrolls IV” was unprecedented, it’s just a shame that the accessibility just didn’t appeal to me. Fallout 3 seems more my style with its utilization of: guns, a more straightforward leveling system, and a less cliché setting. Two of the bigger attractions that tickled my fancy though were the VATS system and the ability to craft makeshift armaments. Carving my own niche in a post-apocalyptic world never sounded so fun.

48. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Xbox 360)

Back in junior high, a friend lent me one of his GBA CV games. I recall it providing some sparse entertainment, but it was nothing too impressive. Joe, the aforementioned buddy of mine, recently suggested I take a look into this legenday title. It was originally released for the first Playstation, but the XBLA version is more readily available and inexpensive. Additionally, it has a fresh coat of HD paint and achievements. Hopefully my patience and taste for games has matured in the few years since I played Aira of Sorrow.

49. PaRappa the Rapper (PS1)

I’m going to make an educated guess and say this is what most modern rhythm games derived from. As far as rap goes, it certainly isn’t my favorite genre of tunes. Although, Sony put this out in a time when rap still had meaning and the market was saturated with garbage like 50-cent and Kayne West. The paper cut-out art style is an extremely fresh concept as well. “I GOTTA BELIEVE” that this game will be worth it.

50. Jet Grind Radio (Dreamcast)

A funky soundtrack compliments a game with an outstanding concept. Tag up a dreary futuristic city with an uplifting message while attempting to evade persistent police forces. Saying it sounds interesting is an understatement. This yet another one of those short lived Dreamcast hits, but that is all the better reason to own it.
Back to top Go down
Carni
Carni

PostSubject: Re: 100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.   100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:07 pm

51. Fable: The Lost Chapters (Xbox)

Fable is an action RPG from credited development group Lionhead Studios; it received much acclaim from fans and critics alike. Peter Molyneux, the big man behind it all, is thought of by many is a visionary. The features of this more morally centered journey are quite distinct compared to other RPG franchises. I personally like the fact that your character’s body will remain scarred and bloodstained following battle. Luckily this title is still quite abundant even at retailers; it should not be difficult to acquire a copy.

52. Beyond Good and Evil (GC)

From what I gather, this was one of those generally disregarded gem games. I heard about it from the staff over at G4TV.com; which also happens to be the place I heard about the absolutely amazing “Psychonauts”. Following a little investigating on Youtube and various other internet resources, I’ve concluded that this looks extraordinarily different. A wise man once said that variety is the spice of life; I avidly adhere to this advice.

53. Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast)

Likely many who are reading this list have probably played a popular clone of Crazy Taxi in the form of “Simpsons Roadrage”. I certainly have, and it turned out be fairly entertaining. I desire to return to the origins of arcade-style transport games, with this one hopefully having far less loading durations then the aforementioned doppelganger. Maintaining continuity during the levels is highly involving and sometimes very nerve racking, good stuff.

54. Max Payne (Xbox)

Noir in videogame form is rare, but if anyone was to do it correctly then it would have to be Rockstar Games. Most developers would have just been satisfied with an intriguing plot, although the famed GTA creators didn’t stop there. Max Payne sported an insane “bullet time” mechanic, meaning one can pull a Neo and slow down time to pump foes full of lead. Man do I love crime dramas and shooting things!

55. No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii)

Suda 51 is a crazy dude, yet he constructs the most ingenious games. The tale of Santa Destroy resident Travis Touchdown is easily Suda’s greatest so far. Travis is the most lovable numbskull gaming has ever come to know. I mean, the entire plot of the original game was to pretty much get it on with a bitchy French woman by hacking up all manner of lunatics and men in black with a huge laser-sword. Apparently the sequel centers on Travis taking revenge on some criminal group for murdering his video store managing best friend. I was furious when I learned he died, I really liked that guy!

56. Banjo-Tooie (Xbox 360)

Banjo is the only entity that could ever really stand up to Mario when it came to 3D platforming. I have never completed the first installment, but have seen it beaten more than once, there is little point in playing it now. Conversely, this game is still quite mysterious to me. Thousands of fans claim this as inferior to the original, but I have my doubts about that. I chose the XBLA version obviously because of the improvements and availability.

57. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II (GC)

I am absolutely enthralled with George Lucas’ sci-fi epic. A Star Wars game was bound to end up on this list, why not one of the best? As a child, I was particularly ardent about the first RS title. That passion has only blossomed since then, so why not invest in the sequel? Few developers can perfect the art of dog-fighting like Factor 5. What a shame the company is now dead.

58. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Wii)

I was never into combo-based fighters, especially in the realm of “Marvel vs. Capcom”. TvC however offers a simplified control scheme in order to draw in the more casual players to this type of game, like myself. The entirely Japanese cast of Tatsunoko anime characters is lost on me, yet I am very familiar with the Capcom offerings. I have a feeling I could really get into this.

59. Pac-Man: Championship Edition (Xbox 360)

GWAP GWAP GWAP GWAP GWAP GWAP!!! It is time for a nostalgia blast with a bit of a contemporary twist. This version is the most coveted of the dozens of stupid rehashes and few legitimate re-releases because it doesn’t stray far from the perfect formula. In fact, it makes some noted improvements that most wouldn’t believe possible. I can’t wait to bite some ghosts!

60. Worms: Armageddon (Xbox 360)

Talk about elusive, how could a franchise like this have remained hidden from me for so long. A friend told me about Worms less than a week ago. Anyway, subterranean creatures relying uproarious dialogue and snapping off RPGs at eachother is reason enough to own this game. From what I hear, this is the most superior installment.
Back to top Go down
Carni
Carni

PostSubject: Re: 100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.   100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:13 pm

61. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox)

Try being a kid and playing a stealth game without losing your patience, very much impossible. Although, that was a different time, and those were different tastes. Now I possess a robust yearning to knock out the lights, sneak up on an anxious prey, and break his neck. A covert government agent by the name of Sam Fisher should be more than capable of obliging me.

62. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS2)

Square Enix delivered one of the most unique and enjoyable experiences in a long time with the first two KH titles, but I sadly never explored this one. I truly need to be enlightened on the events that transpired between them. Additionally, I need a reason to boot up my ever aging PS2.

63. Pokemon: Platinum Version (DS)

Trading. Teaching. GRINDING!! The addictive and timeless qualities of Pokemon speak for themselves. Platinum is the most up to date installment, probably the smartest purchase of the dozen or so presently marketed games. This should fill my Pokemon quota for the next decade.

64. Katamari Damacy (PS2)

No, I am not insane, but whoever created this piece of software certainly is. A ludicrously arbitrary narrative compliments one of the most simplistic gameplay concepts in history: roll stuff up into a gigantic ball. Additionally, be wowed by the splendid art and ear pleasuring soundtrack. KD is the first entry in the series and is frequently designated as the best.

65. Star Craft (PC)

I have a friend who is still entirely spellbound by Star Craft, regardless of its 12 years of age. Based on the still vigorous following of Bilzzard’s genre defining title, I would surmise this is a must-play strategy experience. A superb storyline and intricate system of gameplay surely await me. If fans were content to wait more than a decade for a quality sequel, SC is unquestionably worth checking out.

66. Donkey Kong 64 (N64)

The final Rare-developed DK adventure was the finest of them all; or at least that is the impression I retain after fans describe it. Never being the proud owner of an expansion pack is what prevented me from playing this the first time around. Nintendo has failed to re-release this DK title on their virtual console service for some reason, which saddens me. I will acquire DK64 sooner or later, preferably sooner though.

67. Deadspace: Extraction (Wii)

Arcade shooters and quality third party Wii games are lacking in abundance on this list, but now we have both. Being a prequel, Extraction attempts to fill in the narrative gaps from the original “Deadspace”. It also generates an extremely different experience due to the fact that it is “on rails”, meaning the player is robbed of manipulating most movement. I never look forward to Wii games developed by Electronic Arts, although Extraction has forcibly captured my gaze.

68. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC)

Ok, so my earlier remark about only a single Star Wars game being on this document was a falsehood. KotOR is without a doubt the best game ever to be created under the license. It is an epic romp through all of the known galaxy taking place more than five millennia prior to the movie franchise. The PC edition of the game runs undoubtedly better than the crappy Xbox disc, so it would be foolish to select anything other than this.

69. Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem (GC)

Have you ever pondered what drives a man to go insane? Well Eternal Darkness is a survival horror title that thoroughly explores this concept. Coming from acclaimed developer Silicon Knights, this is one of the few outstanding third party titles for Nintendo’s purple lunchbox console. Reliable reviewer IGN awarded ED with a staggering 9.6, which is worthy to anyone.

70. Bioshock 2 (Xbox 360)

By the end of my first journey through Rapture, my mind was racing. “Bioshock” single handedly took my expectation of a videogame, blew it apart in an explosive spectacle and reassembled it with a bar placed at a height twice that of a New York skyscraper. The art and visuals were gorgeous, the gameplay was polished to a blinding shine, and the story was more compelling than most Hollywood blockbusters. Unfortunately, the long awaited sequel didn’t carry nearly as positive a connotation. Still, I have little misgivings about the quality of this sequel, which I will definitely purchase.
Back to top Go down
Carni
Carni

PostSubject: Re: 100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.   100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:27 am

71. Kid Icarus (NES)

Pit was a character I knew next to nothing about; the idea that he would be a Brawl participant was unexpected. Nearly immediately I looked into his Nintendo pastime with much curiosity. Kid Icarus appeared to be a very fun game indeed when I initially demoed it as a Brawl masterpiece, since then, that feeling of entertainment has not waned. Being only a five dollar download on the Virtual Console service, it is worth checking out.

72. The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (Xbox 360)

I detest Vin Diesel, though I love great games based off of films. Escape from Butcher Bay, the original version of this remake, is included with HD visuals and some improvements in this contemporary package. Focusing on stealth rather than bullet blasting action, Riddick brought a profoundly different pace and quality to the FPS genre. Not often enough do we get shooters with eye brow raising variety to their gameplay structure. I will have to suffer through Vin’s wooden performances to get at the heart of this beast.

73. Diablo II (PC)

More so than any other time, modern RPGs are constantly getting compared to Diablo II. The looting system is legendary, which is perhaps why titles like Borderlands are modeling themselves after it. The masterful developers over at Blizzard crafted this wonder and I have much confidence in their design competence. When I get around to it, I will add this to my library too.

74. Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (Xbox 360)

Oh please, how could I have made a list of games to play and NOT included a DW entry? I figure this most recent title would be the most intelligent buy because of the updated (however slightly) features and new strategy/RPG twist to it. I always intended to own at least a single DW game, now is as good a time as any to fulfill that gap in my gaming collection. Remarkable fortitude is required to sprint through those massive barren fields and massacre countless Asian infantry forces.

75. Shadow Complex (Xbox 360)

“Metroid-mania” inspired Chair Entertainment to produce this superb side-scroller that takes strides forward for the genre. All the contemporary game design elements that were combined with the established formula make Shadow Complex well worth its salt. Another astonishing factor are the draw dropping production values, a quality of which is rarely seen in a downloadable title. Who knew an XBLA game could go so far?

76. Grim Fandango (PC)

Tim Schafer is a genius, a mad genius at that. Only he could conjure up a noir game that pays homage to Hollywood’s greatest film, “Casablanca”. After studying some footage, I spied two distinct elements that set this title apart from so many others, writing and voice acting. This comes as little surprise considering Tim is the man who headed projects like Psychonauts and Brutal Legend. I am so envious of al those lucky nineties PC gamers.

77. Megaman 9 (Xbox 360)

Megaman is a staple of industry culture for a good reason; his games embody the greatest in challenge, strategy, and catchy tunes. Oh, and let us not forget the radical bosses like Galaxy Man who carry the experience along. Bringing back this straightforward 8-bit franchise during an era of overcomplicated material was a brilliant move by Capcom. I cannot wait to pilfer my opponent’s abilities and navigate booby-trapped stages once more.

78. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Xbox)

Would you like the ability to turn back the clock, even if it were just for mere seconds? Well, in this installment of PoP, a few moments could be the difference between triumph and disaster. How do you ensure player’s actions result more in success than failure? Why you add in a real-time “rewind” mechanic of course!
A neat innovation like this only comes along once in a blue moon; especially coupled with excellent narrative, visual, and gameplay components. I eagerly await this addition to my ever expanding library.

79. Little Big Planet (PS3)

More than ever, developers like Media Molecule are encouraging consumers to shape their own gaming experiences. If knowledgeable, one can literally do anything with LBP’s level generator. I love the idea of a game where even the sky is not a limit. A wealth of stages ranging from the utter crap to simply splendid will keep me occupied for quite some time. Maybe there are even those who constructed levels better than those Sony bundled with the game!

80. Assassin’s Creed II (Xbox 360)

The Renaissance is a period of history that always evoked a great sense of curiosity in me. People back then were just a lot more profound and thoughtful, and that stimulated the general intelligence level to an all time high. AC2 authentically reproduces a five century old Italy and allows gamers to explore it quite thoroughly. The first AC was somewhat of a dud with much repetition and several minor faults, although thankfully the sequel has none of that. Pack in some refined combat, crazy weapons, and cool shops to have yourself a game well worth the price of admission.
Back to top Go down
Carni
Carni

PostSubject: Re: 100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.   100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:38 pm

81. Galaga (Xbox 360)

Soaring through space, blasting baddies with laser beams and missiles, this is the essence of Galaga. An arcade juggernaut in its own right, Galaga has been remade and ported more times than one would care to count. The XBLA edition is identical to the arcade version, but features achievements and online leader boards to track high scores. It also has the cheapest price tag you can ask for, only five bucks. I have played Galaga before, but not for more than 5 minutes at a time, I need to see it through to the end.

82. Red Faction Guerilla (Xbox 360)

Simplicity is an element we can all appreciate at times, but so is demolishing stuff. Gamers are fortunate to find an overabundance of both in one of the most overlooked titles of 2009. Geomod 2.0 (the most detailed destruction engine ever conceived), powers this particularly fun razing of the planet Mars. I only demoed RFG, and I can declare that the plot is stupid, but the massively entertaining and flexible gameplay more than compensates for this deficiency.

83. Flower (PS3)

Unconventional titles are usually the greatest, like certain DLC that puts players in the role of the wind. Gently whip and weave through the air, exploring and interacting with various stylized environments. Use some interesting controls that finally put the sixaxis to commendable use. Entertainment. Accessibility. Originality. Digital downloading is the way of the future.

84. Wave Race 64 (N64)

In the nineties, Nintendo was the undisputed king of videogames. The N64 was arguably the best console the company ever released. Games like Wave Race 64, which were part of the near overwhelming amount of high quality material, are the reason why. Adding in a stunt system reminiscent of 1080 snowboarding, this water sports competition stood out. I could justify purchasing this solely because it was developed by Nintendo, but the vast critical praise is just as strong an incentive.

85. Crash Bandicoot (PS1)

What happened to the Crash Bandicoot we all knew and loved? He died, plain and simple. Crash perished the moment his image altered and his titles went multiplatform. Oh well, at least gamers can rejoice at still claiming possession of the older and far superior entries. I cannot even remember the last opportunity I was allotted to sit down with the wacky creature. In my youth, I extensively played Crash, but never progressed much farther than level three. I look forward to getting back in the saddle and pondering whatever the hell a bandicoot is once more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.   100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

100 Gaming Experinces Carni needs to have.
Page 1 of 1